Construction of Armory

ย  ย  The second building constructed for the University was a drill hall and workshop in 1869. The present Armory building was built in 1914 with the last major renovation in 1926. The Armory building was constructed exclusively for military training: to house equipment and provide offices, classrooms, and a drill floor. The original Armory floor was dirt and cinders. When construction was finished, on Nov. 1, 1914, the Armory was considered the largest structure in the world without a center support.